Digital learning is still not loved by everyone – – but we know it’s here to stay! So, how can we get the most out of technology inclusion in our classrooms? Here’s a few of my favorite inclusions:
- Incorporating more mobile devices in your learning time. Use phones to vote or participate in lectures and online lessons!
- Using social networks to collaborate in group learning. There are a lot of ways that you can base a class/group project on a social media platform. Create a FB group page and then you can easily add blog entries, project outlines, and more!
- Use augmented reality for virtual field trips or even science experiments. These field trips look cool.
- Teach about coding and game creation. There are a lot of free resources out there like Code Combat.
- Use game based assessment. It’s unbelievable how this method can take away a lot of the typical testing jitters. We love testing our spelling words online, it’s a great way to simplify the process.
- Use streaming video resources to enable further investigation in areas your children have interests!